Monday, December 29, 2014

Hello, everyone, and a Happy New Year!

I just want everyone to know that I have the best family in the world, and only a mission would keep me away from them for 18 months. I love them so much, and I'm grateful that we can be together forever if we stay faithful. They also informed me that of the 4 of us Murdoch kids that have served missions, I have the most boring emails ever sent ;)

So this week I have a fun mission story for you :)
Last week Sister Seamons and I went to visit a woman we're teaching. Her brother was in the hospital, so we went to go support her. We got there and found the waiting room filled with people. She introduced all of them... turns out that she has 11 siblings :)

We sang "Away in a Manger" to them, taught them about Jesus Christ and His restored church, then passed a stack of cards around the room and invited them to learn more. It was so much fun! I felt like one of the missionaries from years ago, teaching to a room filled with children of God.

To redeem myself, I will tell a short one. Yesterday a 9-year-old girl we're teaching came to church for the first time. She suddenly got very nervous, and extremely stubborn, right before Primary. She absolutely refused to go anywhere. I was kind of wishing that I could carry her right inside, because I knew that she would love it if she would just try.

Much like the GPS story, the Spirit reminded me, "What do you want her to remember?" I knew that I'd rather have her remember walking inside, not being dragged inside. Long story short, what actually got her inside was a 3 Musketeers from her teacher - good, old-fashioned bribery :) It was a great "parenthood" lesson for me to learn before I actually become a mother. Guess what? She LOVED it! I knew she would...that sounds like a mom, too, doesn't it? :)

I love you all! I pray that you have a wonderful new year and that it's filled with tender mercies, blessings, and lots of happiness!

Sister Murdoch

No comments:

Post a Comment