Monday, June 30, 2014

Hello, everyone! This has been such a crazy, wonderful week for me! I hope that in all of your adventures you find much happiness in the little things in life.

I am now serving with and training Sister A. She is amazing! She is an incredible artist, loves to be outdoors, and is so good at teaching children. It has been so much fun being with her! We've had a lot of new experiences... mostly silly ones like getting locked out of our apartment this morning when we went to do laundry :) That was hilarious! She's a good sport, even if I sing to her in the morning to wake her up. We went a few days without a GPS, and I just have to say that maps are a little more difficult to navigate, at least for me. We got lost a few times, but for the most part we were pretty good.

One highlight for the week: we received a referral for a woman who wanted missionaries to come teach her. Sadly she's not in our area, but we first contacted her to teach her about the Restoration. It was a powerful experience and she really wants to read the Book of Mormon. While we were talking outside, a man pulled up to ask for directions. Being the mean trainer that I am, I handed a mormon.org card to Sister A and told her to give it to him. She tried handing it back, but then took it to him :) She's so great!

I love being a missionary! Many people have recently told us to our faces that we should stop what we're doing because we are wrong. I just want everyone who reads my blog to know that I do know that what I am sharing is true. I know that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ appeared to Joseph Smith. I know that he was called to be a prophet and that we have a prophet today, Thomas S. Monson. I know that the priesthood is on the earth and it is the power of God to bind our families together. No one can convince me otherwise because it is through the Holy Ghost that I know these things. I also know that anyone who truly desires to learn if these things are true will find out that they are true.

I hope that you all have a magnificent week! I hope it's full of sunshine and wonderful little things to make you smile.


Sister Murdoch

No comments:

Post a Comment