Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Hello, everyone!
Oh, this was such a miraculous week! It was filled of some of the happiest moments I've had in my life! It was not without it's trials to be sure, but God's grace abounds.
I attended what is called a Legacy Meeting. The missionaries that will be returning home in the next six months go to this meeting to discuss what we can do to continue a legacy in our mission of faith in Christ and power. When we reached the end of the meeting, we had the opportunity to share our testimonies. I found myself practically running to the podium :) I am so grateful to be a missionary, and I have found joy in the work!
Saturday we went to the temple with a gentleman who was recently baptized. They each had the opportunity to do baptisms for the dead (1 Cor. 15:29). It was a blessing to go with him, but for me the extra blessing happened when I saw Sister Belnap, and then I saw who was with her:
The Gonzalez's!!! I cried. I have only two other times in my life that I can remember feeling such joy as I did when I saw them. Despite all of the opposition they had during the week, they came to the temple. Sister Gonzalez asked me if I knew that they were going to be there. When I told her that I didn't, she asked,
"Is this a coincidence?"
"No," I replied. "There are no such things as coincidences."
I believe that's true! Sunday we went to the stake center for a devotional that recent converts speak at. They share their testimonies and stories about how it all happened for them. I was delighted when they both shared their stories. I have been truly blessed to be part of their lives!
Being a missionary is hard. I have experienced first hand the opposition that comes in bringing others to Christ, but I will go through it all of my life so that I can experience this joy for eternity. For the rest of my life I will wear out my life and bringing others to the light (D&C 123:12-17). That is my purpose now, and my purpose forever.
I love all of you! Thank you so much for your prayers and your love! I hope that you have a spectacular week and that it is filled with God's grace.
Sister Murdoch


     I love my amazing companion, Sister Mickelson, and my beautiful Indiana home!



No comments:

Post a Comment