Monday, April 13, 2015

Hello, everyone!

I have news! I'm getting transferred away from Fort Wayne. Sister Belnap and I both knew it would happen. I'm really going to miss my Fort Zion! I have learned and changed so much here. It really feels like home.

Funny story: A man we met gave us a referral for his neighbors across the street. We went to meet them. As we walked up to the door, we heard a man inside yelling profanity. We knocked on the door anyway :)  (One change I've experienced - I'm more bold.)
He answered the door, upset, and explained to us that he was "correcting" his son. I'm pretty sure that isn't the correct word to use...

At first, he was just ticked off and didn't want our card. We talked to him for a minute, and he calmed down. By the time we explained the message of the Restoration, he had a change of heart. When we asked if we could leave our number, he said, "Yes. I'll take your card." His wife came out to talk to us, too. I think she was surprised by the sudden change in his attitude. They are allowing us to come back to share more.
Miracle!

Yesterday, Brother Gonzalez received the Aaronic Priesthood. When he was sustained by the ward in sacrament meeting, I cried. He and his family have changed so much! They are happier than they ever knew was possible, and it's only the beginning. I have never been so happy!

I have seen the gospel bless so many people. I have seen it bless families, and I've especially seen it bless my family. Heavenly Father truly loves us! I know that He sent His Son to be our Savior, and I know that He wants us to prepare for a day when we can see Him again.

I love you all! Have a phenomenal week!
Sister Murdoch

                                  Indiana is beautiful after a rainstorm!
                                        We met a family that had pet ferrets!

No comments:

Post a Comment