Monday, April 6, 2015

Happy Easter, everyone!

Cool thing President Porter taught us this week: Everything that we do has to do with Easter. Because we are always changing, always overcoming weaknesses, we are applying the doctrine of Christ in our lives. Easter is every day!

We spent a lot of time traveling and being in meetings this week. We had a specialized training and also went to the mission home for another leadership council. I learned a lot personally about how we can be better missionaries and better servants.

I want to share with you two things that have changed my life. 

First thing: About 8 months ago, Sister Parker asked me if I love my mission. At the time I honestly couldn't say yes or no. I certainly didn't hate it, but I didn't love it either. The question stayed with me since then. On the way home from Cincinnati, I looked out at the moon and the stars between the clouds, thinking of everything that I had learned that day. All of a sudden I felt this overwhelming amount of love for my mission: the people I've taught, the missionaries I've served and served with, the Porter's, the flat lands of Indiana, the rolling hills in Ohio... it just clicked. I love my mission!
I don't know why it took me this long to learn that. I am eternally grateful for my mission. I have come to know my Savior so personally, and my love for Heavenly Father has deepened.

Second thing: General conference was this weekend. Heavenly Father gave me some very special personal revelation. The rest of my life will be spent in building the kingdom of God, and now I know what to do.

I know that Heavenly Father loves us! I am so grateful for the message of Easter that I get to share every day. It is the good news! Today marks 185 years of Christ's restored church being on the earth. That has blessed all of us beyond measure! I love my mission, and I love you! 

Have a marvelous week, and look for the signs of Easter, of the doctrine of Christ in your life!

Sister Murdoch

                                    On the way to Bubble Hockey!
                                                    Easter
 What we do while waiting for Monday morning conference calls - Spree hockey!

No comments:

Post a Comment