Monday, March 2, 2015

Hello, everyone! 

I wish I could express what I'm feeling right now. I'll start with transfers.

Sister Ollerton is going home, and I am staying in Fort Wayne! This will be my 6th transfer here, and this feels like my home now. :) Though I will dearly miss Sister Ollerton, I'm excited to find out who I will be serving with next!

Along with transfers, we have a few of our missionaries leaving, including both Sisters in one area. We have about 40 missionaries in the mission going home, so I have a feeling that this is going to be a HUGE transfer meeting. There has been talk of closing some areas, too. I have no idea what will happen, but I do know that President Porter is inspired and every missionary will be sent to the place he or she is needed.

I just found out a few minutes ago that I have been accepted to BYU for school! I'm a little anxious about that, but there's no doubt in my mind that Heavenly Father wants me there. Everything will work out the way it's supposed to, and He will guide me through my adventures.

We had stake conference this weekend. Elder Milan Kunz, an Area Seventy, came. He asked all of the young men and then young women ages 12 and up to stand. As they did, I felt a wave of the Spirit, and sensed greatness in the youth. He encouraged the young men to decide now to serve, not in a few years, and invited the young women to prayerfully decide if Heavenly Father wants them to serve. I received answers to my questions while I was there, and I had to opportunity to be in the choir, so I saw hundreds of people that I love.

I have butterflies in my stomach. I can't believe all that has happened in the last while for me. My life feels like it's turned upside down so many times that I have become accustomed to change. That's what our existence is all about - change.

Ecclesiastes 3:1 has come to my mind as I've been typing this.
"To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven."

Heavenly Father loves us so much that He asks us to change, to use the doctrine of Christ and apply the Atonement in our lives. He wants us to be as happy as He is, and so, knowing that, I invite you all to find the little changes that you can make in your life to become even better than you already are.

I love you all! You're in my prayers and I hope that you have a week full of change!
Sister Murdoch





No comments:

Post a Comment