Monday, March 16, 2015

Hello, everybody! I have so much to say, and so little time to type it.

This last week has been full of opposition in our Fort Zion. Sister Belnap and I went to go serve a man that we've been teaching. He was supposed to get baptized this Saturday, but it will have to happen a different. When we showed up, there were beer cans everywhere. I was crushed. I fought tears all day, and finally let it out when we got home.

We're not the only ones. Almost everyone that I hear from has been experiencing trials of all kinds. Our dear Sister Porter (the mission president's wife and our mission Mom) calls it full court press. For all of you who know don't know a lot about basketball, when the game is close, especially near the end, defense picks up and doesn't wait for anyone, but defends all the way down the court. The idea is to steal the ball and score more points for a victory.

Life is a lot like that. Satan tries so hard to keep up down, to discourage, and dishearten us. He uses full court press to try to beat us. BUT HE CANNOT WIN. God is on our side, and if we are obedient, diligent, and faithful, He will strengthen us and fight with us.

"Thus saith the Lord unto you, Be not afraid nor dismayed by reason of this great multitude; for the battle is not yours, but God's." ~ 2 Chronicles 20:15

I love our Heavenly Father! I love our Savior! I even love our trials that bring us closer to Them because we rely on Their grace to help us. I love being a missionary! The front lines are always more perilous, but also where we see the greatest successes and the greatest miracles.

I love you all! We are all enlisted (see LDS Hymn #250), and I hope that you have a week full of grace, miracles, and lots of happiness, especially in trial!
Sister Murdoch




No comments:

Post a Comment