Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Hello, everyone!

My heart is full today. I wish I could explain everything that I've learned and experienced this last week. We switched preparation day to today. Monday, as you probably know (we as missionaries need reminders for holidays), was Labor Day. We took chalk to a large bridge in downtown Fort Wayne and drew the plan of salvation in chalk. As people walked by, we taught them about it.

There was one young woman who had tons of questions. She was really confused because there were a lot of things that she had never heard of before. We taught her about Jesus Christ and how He set up His church. When we told her about Joseph Smith's experience and how Christ restored His church, she started to cry. The Spirit was so powerful. She asked how she could learn more and be baptized so that she would be clean. Sadly, she is not in our area. I love her with all of my heart and know that what we taught her is true.

I want you all to know that Heavenly Father loves you. That's the first thing we teach as missionaries. It's beautiful, it's simple, it's true. In modern day revelation He invites us to look to Him in every thought (Doctrine and Covenants 6:36). I have learned for myself that He really does want us to do that. I have witnessed how it's changed my life. That's how we pray always - we think to God. He will always hear us and answer us.

I share that witness with you and invite you to experiment on it. Try thinking to God in all that you think about (whether it's being thankful, grumpy, or cheerful). See if He won't speak with you more and love you more. He will because He loves you.

I love you, too! Have a marvelous week!
Sister Murdoch


The pictures are us when I first got here. We were completely soaked by the time we got home :)


No comments:

Post a Comment