Monday, March 24, 2014

Hello, everyone! I'm writing this one first because I have SO much to say! This week has been absolutely incredible! We have seen a lot of miracles happen daily.

One of my favorites was when we had the prompting to call one of the sisters in the ward. We did so and asked if we could visit her later that day. When we went to see her, she asked why we called at the time we did. She had been having a very hard day and needed someone there to simply give her a hug and help her. It strengthened my testimony of how Heavenly Father knows each of us and prepares a way for our needs to be met through others. I'm grateful that we called her.

The most amazing thing happened halfway through the week. I briefly mentioned the gentleman that we've been teaching who gave us his coffee last week. He had a long, wearying battle against the adversary. On Wednesday he faced his greatest turning point, and we had prepared long and hard to help him. He made a commitment that he has struggled with for a long time. By the end of the lesson, he was full of joy to do that one thing. He was baptized and confirmed this weekend. He has become such a dear friend and I've been inspired by his faith and determination. His baptism was beautiful and very special. I'm so blessed to know him.

I've probably started to be annoying, but I just have to say that members make the difference! Our lesson wouldn't have happened without the sister who once had to make the same decision before her own baptism. The members bring such a special and powerful testimony that brings the Spirit in full force. When opportunities come to help the missionaries, I would exhort you to help in every way possible. I know it takes sacrifice, but the blessings outweigh the sacrifice.

I know that this church is Jesus Christ's church and that He is at the head of it. He expects us to share our testimonies with others and promises that as we do so we may help bring salvation to them (3 Nephi 18:32). I hope you all have a week full of miracles and wonderful experiences!


No comments:

Post a Comment