Monday, December 2, 2013


This just keeps getting better! I can't imagine being anywhere else in life right now. I am in the Little Miami ward in South Lebanon, Ohio. The weather here is a lot like Idaho, but actually warmer. I wear my coat once in a while, but for December it's really hot. :) The people here remind me of people at home, too. It feels like home away from home. The sisters in the ward always have food or hugs to give and everyone works hard to invite investigators into their homes. They are amazing!

Thanksgiving was the most unique holiday I've experienced yet. A member family invited us to eat with them (several did actually), and at the last minute the sister of the mom wanted to host. Everyone else in their extended family is not LDS, so it was a good chance to explain what we're doing here and what we believe. I know the LDS family was grateful for more examples. Everyone had different kinds of alcoholic beverages, so that threw me off at first, but they are really nice people and were happy to share their home and a deep fried turkey with us. It's almost too bad that we have a car. I fear that it will make me get fat. :D However, with limited miles each month, we do have "walking days" to save miles.

I have had some amazing experiences in lessons here. I have seen the Spirit soften the hearts of angry people, calm children who can't usually sit still for a lesson, and testify of the gospel. We have investigators that we're trying to help get to baptism. People are overcomoing addictions, taking time to read and pray, and completely changing to fully accept the gospel.

One little boy and a recent convert both recently told me that I look familiar. The boy even asked what my mom's name was because he is certain that he's seen me before. I feel like he has, but not in the way he thinks. There have been many times where I feel like I've been here before. It's amazing how at home I feel here. I've never heard of South Lebanon before, but I have no doubt that this is where I need to be. I have learned tremendously through trials and snow and people shutting doors in our faces. I hope that I will continue to learn and grow and I thank everyone who has been praying and fasting for me. Please pray for me and my awesome companion, Sister Lee. She is incredible and I couldn't ask for a better trainer. The gospel is true! TTFN - ta ta for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment