Tuesday, December 17, 2013

A Marvelous Work

This week has gone by so quickly! In the last month I have learned and experienced so much. I am amazed at the blessings I have seen for myself, my family, and the people here. The ward here inspires me. Going to ward council yesterday was a great way to see their vision for their ward. They continue to bless us with the work that they do.

Last week we had a fantastic snowball fight as a zone. It was an absolute blast! I haven't had that much fun in a long while. Later today we're going sledding. The snow comes and goes like crazy here. It rains a lot and snows, then it gets into the 40s or 50s and melts away. I have no problem staying warm, and it amuses me how scary snow is to a lot of people here. Oh well. Sister L and I have also had opportunities to serve others. We spent one afternoon painting the living room of some investigators. We love them and hope that they will continue to progress as we get to teach them.

On Thursday Elder Perkins of the 70 and his wife came to our zone conference. I learned a great deal while I was there. The most important things I learned for myself is that I need to use The Book of Mormon every time I teach and it's okay to work on one or two things at a time instead of everything. It was a special experience for me, and I needed that spiritual boost. Sister L and I did a musical number - More Holiness Give Me. I was able to play the piano while she sang. To add to that, I also got to lead the songs the zone sang during the meeting. Hooray for musical talents!

We took a special woman on a chapel tour Monday evening. It was a powerful experience for her and for us. She's working on getting rid of some habits. When she told us that she would 'fight' us for her cigarettes, I was surprised to hear myself say, "I'm not going to fight you on this because God is on my side." I can't believe that came out of my mouth! She and Sister L thought it was hilarious and powerful, but I was a little embarrassed. Sister L assures me that because I said it out of love it was bold but not overbearing. I hope she's right. On the day marking my first full month (Friday), she told Sister L and I that she is ready to be baptized!!! I can't imagine a better way to end that day. Please keep her in your prayers. She has a lot to do before January 4th, but I know that she can make it. I love her very much in a way I never knew was possible before coming here. This is why I came here - I want to help others receive these gifts for themselves.

Life just keeps getting better! Thanks to everyone who has sent letters/packages. It brightens my day when I see them. I appreciate the prayers, too. Know that miracles have happened here because of them. Have a wonderful week! 3 Nephi 18:20

Sister Murdoch

 

No comments:

Post a Comment