Monday, December 23, 2013

3 Nephi 14:1-8

8 - "And it shall come to pass that whosoever shall believe on the Son of God, the same shall have everlasting life."

Merry Christmas! I am so grateful to be here at this wonderful time of the year. I get to teach people about Jesus Christ all of the time. I can't think of a better way to spend Christmas. Last night we were given presents from the ward in a huge box. There are SO many of them! I am astounded by their amount of love that they have for us. They treat us just like family and take care of us.

 This week was full of small miracles.

~ Good packing snow! Sister L and I went sledding and made snowmen last week. It was fun while it lasted, because by Friday it was 65 degrees outside and I'm sure the snowmen are completely gone.

~ We were finally let into a home we've been to many times. The Spirit was able to help us while we were there with the couple and we look forward to teaching them again tonight.

~ After dinner with a member family, we had a short lesson with them. The parents both served missions and their two year old son inspired me. When asked if Jesus loved him, he answered immediately, "Yes!" When his mom said that we need to tell everyone about Jesus, he started running to the door, ready to go. It was simple, but powerful for me. If a two year old is ready to go tell the world about Jesus, I can certainly open my mouth more often.

~ We contacted a media referral (meaning he used mormon.org to ask for missionaries to visit). He is genuinely interested, so we'll see where things go with him.

~ One investigator that we have been teaching has only read a few chapters in The Book of Mormon, but she is already telling her friend how it's changing her life. Her friend wants to learn more.

~ There is a woman that we have tried to visit twice since we first met her. She wasn't home either time. The first time we met her was a miracle, and this was another one. Sister L and I had no idea where to go, so we prayed. Before we even ended the prayer, this woman's name came to mind. She was sick all day and finally decided to go to the store. Right as we got there she was on her way out. The timing was perfect and we had another spiritual experience with her.

I could name more, but that's a pretty good list. We had a Christmas party with a family last night and have a few more families to visit. The people here have blessed us tremendously. I love these people so much. Thank you for the letters and packages. I have at least a dozen letters to write, so I promise I'll write ASAP. May the remainder of 2013 be full of blessings for you.


Sister Murdoch

No comments:

Post a Comment