Monday, December 9, 2013


This week needs to be a little shorter, but here's what last week was like in a nutshell:

We had Hot Head burritos for lunch one day. They're massive and delicious! I had to drive one day because we had exchanges, so a Sister from another area came here. We were in the MTC together, so she knows less about this place than I do. We forgot to get the GPS from our companions, so we ran on faith all day.

On Monday we went to the YMCA with a member for p-day. Today we're going to play in the snow with the zone. Yes, snow. I totally jinxed everyone and we had about 8 inches of snow/ice for a few days. The cars were even grounded for awhile. But don't worry, I gave my California companion tips for driving on ice and we were fine. :) This is her first time really seeing snow that stays for more than a few minutes. She has a love/hate relationship with it.

Our Christmas tree came from a wonderful woman that we're teaching. Funny story for the week: while we were at her house last night, her little dog that you can see in the picture got excited about something and left a puddle in Sister Lee's lap. Poor Sister Lee! We laughed so hard for the rest of the night. The investigator was mortified, but we just took a few minutes to go home to get cleaned up. One miracle: an investigator that was planning on coming to church told us Saturday night that he was sick and wasn't sure that he would be able to come. We prayed for him, and lo and behold he was much better by morning. Church was wonderful for me, and I hope that it was for him as well.

Life just keeps getting better, but it gets harder, too. It isn't easy to be a missionary, but it is definitely worth it. I wouldn't change anything about what I've experienced. The ward here is incredible in their mission plan. They work hard and I'm grateful for them. As always, thank you for the prayers and please pray for our investigators, too. Have a wonderful week!



No comments:

Post a Comment