Monday, January 6, 2014

Hello, everyone! I hope that you had a great new year celebration! Last Monday we had a zone party at President Jensen's house. He's one of the counselors for the mission. We played pool, ping pong, Foosball, card games, and watched 17 Miracles. You'll be surprised to hear that I also played the grand piano. :) 

The missionaries were asked to be in by 7 on New Year's Eve, so Sister L. and I watched Mr. Kruger's Christmas, had some treats, and went to bed at 10:30. We set an alarm for 11:58 so that we could be awake for the new year... we heard it at 12:22. I think we wished each other a happy new year before we went back to sleep. :) A couple that we've been teaching took us to an Asian buffet, so I had frog legs, squid tentacle, and sushi for lunch. Best new year yet!

Thursday was an awesome day for us! Maybe it's because in the morning we brushed off 4-5 inches of snow off of every car in the parking lot. :) We reached almost every goal and found a deaf couple to teach. We actually met him once before Christmas and left a copy of The Book of Mormon with him. He read 11 pages of every book since he got it! They read our lips and talk pretty clearly, so communication isn't too tricky. They're very interested and we're excited to teach them.

One investigator we have decided last Friday to quit smoking. She has been anxious to stop, but is finding it to be harder than she'd expected. Please keep her in your prayers. She wants to come to church and be baptized. With her faith she can make it, but she needs a little boost. I love her very much and I know that she can do it if she will rely on Jesus Christ and His Atonement.

Well, transfers are this Thursday. I'm pretty nervous. I don't feel like I'm going anywhere, but Sister L. has been here for 8 months. No one thinks she's staying. What am I going to do without her?! I know it will work out the way it's supposed to, so I'm trying not to worry too much. At least I know that I won't be training anyone. Whew!

Life is wonderful! Thank you for the prayers. Believe me when I say that I need them! I know that no matter what happens, the Savior will be my anchor through thick and thin, through 65 degree weather or -30 degree weather (which is what it is with windchill right now). Talk to y'all next week!

Sister Murdoch

No comments:

Post a Comment